Posts

Anurag Kashyap criticizes Kerala Story, calls Vipul Shah a greedy man

While many powerful individual voices in the film fraternity have been denouncing the blatant Islamophobic tenor of The Kerala Story, the intrepid Anurag Kashyap is the first prominent personality from the Hindi film industry to speak up. Says Kashyap, “The Kerala Story is bullsh*t propaganda.” Commenting on the viral beef scene from the trailer of The Kerala Story 2 where a woman is being shown being force-fed beef Kashyap added, “Aisa beef kaun khilata hai? Aisa koi khichdi bhi nahi khilata hai (Who feeds someone beef like this? No one is fed even khichdi in this manner).” Continuing further while lashing out at the sequence and talking about the filmmaker, Kashyap adds, “They just want to make money and please everybody; divide people. The filmmaker is a greedy man. He just wants to make money.” Also Read: Anurag Kashyap reveals why Vijay Sethupathi and Javed Akhtar have been mentioned under ‘Special Thanks’ in Kennedy from Latest Bollywo...

Tamil Nadu CM’s M.K. Stalin’s grandson backs Kamal–Rajinikanth’s big-screen comeback

In KH x RK, Kamal Haasan and Rajinikanth will share screen space for the first time in forty-eight years. The film is being produced by 21-year-old Inban Udhayanidhi, grandson of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K. Stalin and son of Deputy Chief Minister Udhayanidhi Stalin. Kamal Haasan currently heads his own political party, while Rajinikanth is not affiliated with any political party. Inban is the CEO of the film production company Red Giant Movies. It is rumoured that Kamal Haasan and Rajinikanth have been paid equal remuneration, reportedly close to Rs. 70 crore each. Also Read: Kamal Haasan – Rajinikanth to share screen space after 47 years with Nelson Dilipkumar as director; announcement video inside from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/mGVZk7j

Western Railway earns RECORD Rs. 1.72 cr through film and ad shoots in 2025-26; spokesperson reveals, "Shoojit Sircar FIRST filmmaker to shoot aboard Vande Bharat; John Abraham’s Maria IPS and Ayushmann Khurrana-Sharvari’s Yeh Prem Mol Liya shot on WR premises"

The Vande Bharat Express has emerged as one of Indian Railways’ proudest achievements. Launched in February 2019, it remained unseen on celluloid until last year, when Shoojit Sircar became the first filmmaker to shoot aboard the semi-high-speed train. This and a lot more fascinating information were revealed to Bollywood Hungama by Vineet Abhishek, Chief Public Relations Officer, Western Railway (WR). The ad in question is for Independence, an FMCG brand of Reliance Consumer Products Limited. It was released digitally in May last year, and a making video, featuring Shoojit Sircar, was released by Western Railway in January 2025. Western Railway recently announced that it has generated a record Rs 1.72 crore from film and advertisement shoots conducted on its premises between April 1, 2025 and February 15, 2026. Its earlier highest earnings were recorded in 2022–23, when it collected approximately Rs 1.64 crore from film shoots. Vineet Abhishek told Bollywood Hungama, “It is often a...

Ranbir Kapoor leases five floors in Andheri for 20 years to revive RK Studios

Bollywood star Ranbir Kapoor and his family are taking a major step toward reviving their cinematic legacy by leasing five floors in a commercial complex in Andheri East, Mumbai, for 20 years to establish a new iteration of the legendary RK Studios. The development, reported by multiple outlets, signals a significant return for a brand that once defined Hindi cinema. The original RK Studios, founded by Ranbir’s grandfather, the late “Showman” Raj Kapoor — was located in Chembur but was sold in 2018 after a devastating fire and mounting maintenance challenges. This new lease is seen as a bold attempt to bring the prestige and infrastructure of the studio back to life in a modern setting. According to industry reports, the five-floor space at Kanakia Wall Street will be transformed into a cutting-edge production and creative hub. Plans include soundstages equipped for virtual production, editing and post-production suites, screening rooms, VFX facilities and dedicated offices for the Ka...

EXCLUSIVE: Anurag Kashyap reveals why Vijay Sethupathi and Javed Akhtar have been mentioned under ‘Special Thanks’ in Kennedy

After a long wait, Anurag Kashyap’s Kennedy, starring Rahul Bhat and Sunny Leone, was finally released on Friday, February 20, on Zee5. The acclaimed film premiered at the 2023 Cannes Film Festival. The same year, it was screened at the Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival, that too in the sprawling Nita Mukesh Ambani Cultural Centre, where it got a thunderous response from the 1000+ attendees. Last year, Anurag had revealed in an interview that Vijay Sethupathi would be mentioned under ‘Special Thanks’ in Kennedy, but didn’t divulge the reason behind it. True to his statement, the popular actor is indeed credited, with Javed Akhtar also featuring in the ‘Special Thanks’ list. Bollywood Hungama exclusively spoke to Anurag Kashyap to understand the reason behind their mentions. Anurag revealed, “Vijay made some edit suggestions into the film.” As for Javed Akhtar, he replied, “Earlier, we had used a dialogue from Javed Saab. But later, it got edited.” In an event hosted by The Hindu in May 2...

Arbaaz Khan invests in Rs.2.78 crores luxury apartment in Mumbai’s Jogeshwari; deets inside

Actor and filmmaker Arbaaz Khan has reportedly purchased a premium apartment in Mumbai’s Jogeshwari locality, further strengthening his real estate portfolio. As per property registration documents accessed by Zapkey, the transaction is valued at approximately Rs.2.78 crore. The apartment has been acquired from Mutistar Builders LLP at a rate exceeding Rs.22,000 per square foot. The residence measures 1,243 square feet in RERA carpet area and is situated on the 27th floor of the upcoming residential project, Autograph Residency, located on Link Road in Jogeshwari. In addition to the apartment, the deal also includes two dedicated parking spaces, adding to the overall value of the purchase. Official records indicate that the transaction was registered on February 17, 2026. For the same, a stamp duty of over Rs.16 lakh was paid, along with a registration charge of Rs.30,000. The building is currently under construction, with possession of the apartment expected in December 2030. Known...

Ranveer Singh’s manager gets voice note demanding Rs 10 crores, Lawrence Bishnoi gang link suspected: Reports

Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh has allegedly received an extortion threat demanding Rs 10 crores, with investigators suspecting links to the gang of jailed gangster Lawrence Bishnoi. The threat was conveyed through a WhatsApp voice note sent from an American number, according to Mumbai Police officials. The Mumbai Crime Branch has initiated a preliminary enquiry into the matter and is working to trace the origin of the number used to send the message. Officials said they have reached out to relevant authorities in the United States through official channels as part of the investigation. Preliminary findings suggest that a key associate of the Bishnoi gang, identified as Harry Boxer, allegedly sent the voice note to Ranveer Singh’s manager, demanding Rs 10 crore. Investigators indicated that the voice in the message matches that of Harry Boxer, though further forensic examination and corroborative evidence are being gathered to substantiate the claim. Crime Branch officials said the t...